Sunday, November 25, 2012

Time for Some Catch Up

While I sit here in our living room, typing by the twinkling light of the Christmas tree and listening to Christmas carols as the kids chase each other 'round and 'round--through the kitchen, through the bathroom, through the living room, through the kitchen, through the bathroom, through the living room, through the kitchen, through the bathroom, through the living room (repeat infinitely...ad naseum)--I realize the frenetic pace of life has me yet again behind with my online documentation of it. 

Pictures wait on my camera to be downloaded.  There are some pictures on my phone I barely remember taking.  Thoughts and ideas are waiting to be put into words.  Memories I refuse to allow slip away begging to be recorded. 

The truth is, while I try my hardest to write all that I can to remember these days...these years...that everyone keeps telling me are so fleeting, so difficult and yet so wonderful, I find that sometimes we are just too busy actually LIVING that I don't have a lot left over at the end of the day to actually write about it. 

All that to say, these next few posts are all about catching up on the "Big Events" so that when we look back we'll at least remember the major milestones.  And, hopefully I can find a better way to carve out the time to write about all those little things too, because really, when it comes down to it, it is all those little things--like the expressive way Olivia sings 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' or how Allie never seems to tire of creating gifts and cards or how Zach offered to chase away those boys at recess that keep annoying Allie--that seem to slip away all too quickly.

Yes, life is busy, frantic at times, and completely full.  And I wouldn't have it any other way. 



No comments: