Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dance Pictures

Last Friday I helped Allie get all dolled up for her official dance pictures.  She was thrilled about her hair being in a bun and being able to wear my makeup. 



Her recital isn't until June, but I believe they take the pictures early so that the photos are on hand at the recital.  It was fun to see all the girls in her class in costume.



Granted, I'm biased, but I still think she's the most beautiful ballerina!


Afterwards, we went out for dinner at Panera...just Allie and me. 


It was so fun!  We ate our dessert first and I got to hear all about school, her favorite and most hated subjects, her best friends and the club that she decided to form at recess (a club for EVERYONE because another girl started an exclusive club that wouldn't let certain people in and wouldn't let girls play soccer...so she made up a club that everyone can belong to and everyone has a say in what they get to do). 

It was so refreshing to talk alone together without distraction and I was challenged by her empathy for others and her desire to encourage her friends (and, if you know Allie, a 'friend' is anyone she has ever talked to...because if she talks to you, she immediately considers you a friend!). 

Since she's been at school this year we haven't had nearly as much one-on-one time and I think Mom-Allie dates need to become a regular thing.  In fact, yesterday we went to our first Zumba class together and we had a BLAST!  We are already planning to go again next week. 

No comments: