Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Drew is 1!

Since my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew were in town for my brother's graduation, we decided to take some time out on Saturday to celebrate my nephew's first birthday.  His actual birthday is on June 13 and he had already partied it up at home the week before with family that lives close by, but I don't think he minded a second celebration with his MN peeps! 

We started out the day just hanging out at my parents' house....




Then after lunch and before afternoon nap, Drew opened his presents.....



Zach was excited to give Drew the book he wrote for him.

Allie couldn't wait to read Drew the Birthday story she wrote for him.

The rest of the afternoon, the kids had fun "helping" Drew play with his new toys.  I think more than a few times we had to remind them that Drew would actually enjoy playing with his new toys too!



After dinner, it was finally time for cake! 



I think it is safe to say that Drew is a fan of the birthday cake...kind of like his aunt. 

Happy Birthday, Drew!  It has been so fun to see you grow throughout this past year and we can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you! 

No comments: