Friday, September 6, 2013

Our Week with TWO Dogs!

This week has been hectic enough as we've been adjusting back to the school groove.  Add another puppy into the mix and you have pure chaos, especially in the mornings. 

With my parents returning from vacation this weekend, our time with Fred is quickly coming to an end.  While the puppy boys are pretty cute together, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to a little less puppy-crazy once Fred goes home.  However, I know at least one puppy and three kids who are going to be very sad when Fred leaves.




Honestly, I'm so proud of how willing the kids were this week to help out with the dogs.  Fred slept in Allie's room all week long and Allie happily took him outside each morning so he could take care of his business...often 2-3 times!  Zach, without even a complaint, picked up all the puppy waste.  And Olivia helped me several times scoop out their food into their dishes.  They all helped out as we took the pups on their evening walks and throughout the day had tons of fun chasing Fred and Finn all around the yard.  Allie also helped me brush both dogs while Zach and Olivia helped keep their toys picked up. 

Without the kids' help, there is no way I could have gotten anything done this week!  I fully expected complaints and unwillingness by the end, but I'm surprised to report that there has been absolutely none of that. 

The only problem?  The kids are now convinced we need TWO dogs!! 

Definitely...NO.  I'm pretty certain I'm a one dog gal. 

No comments: