Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend Trip to WI

This past weekend we packed our bags (although all of them were packed, the bag containing all of our toiletry items somehow managed to NOT make it into the truck and instead remained on our bathroom counter for the entire weekend...suffice it to say, I'm thankful my sister and I use the same shampoo, I'm grateful for a nearby Target, and I now have a lot of new fun make-up...woohoo!) and headed to Wisconsin to attend a surprise 80th birthday party for my Grandma. 

We spent a couple nights with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew in Oshkosh where the kids had fun playing in their downstairs playroom when we weren't at the party.  My sister took out all of her old Barbie dolls and the girls were occupied for hours! 

Although the toys were fun, I think what really won my sister and brother-in-law aunt and uncle of the year awards were the humongous donuts (with Green Bay Packer sprinkles) and chocolate milk they served for breakfast. 


Oh. My. Goodness.  Ben took this picture on his phone and when I saw it I couldn't stop laughing at Olivia's face!  I was going to crop it out, but it is seriously the best photo bomb EVER. 




After the kids went to bed in the evening, we stayed up late (well...late for us old folks is now 10:00 pm) laughing, eating cupcakes and ice cream, chatting, and watching Mystery Science Theater....a production that definitely grows in hilarity the more tired you become...evidenced by the fact that I was wiping away tears of laughter as the clock neared 10:00 pm. 

The birthday party went great and it was definitely a surprise...my Grandma was shocked!  I didn't get too many pictures, but here are a few of the group shots that were taken with the grandkids that were present and the aunts and uncles before we dug into that cake.


As an added bonus, there was an EMT in attendance (not for any emergencies...he was part of my aunt's family) who made a brief stop while he was on call...meaning, he had to park his fire truck outside.  The kids were thrilled when he offered to give them a little tour!






The only difficult part of the weekend was when we had to say goodbye to these two guys at the boarding kennel.

We all felt a bit sad (Allie sobbed), but we were reassured they were having a good time when I received this picture from the boarding kennel:


They did great while we were away and were thrilled to see us when we picked them up yesterday.


We will be keeping Fred (my parents dog...Finn's bro) for the next week while my parents are on vacation and the kids are absolutely thrilled that there are now two puppies under our roof! 


No comments: