Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Olivia!


Olivia, today you are three and you are so incredibly proud to finally be "FREE!"  When I asked you what I was going to do now that I don't really have a baby anymore, you responded, "Finn can just be your baby, now!" 

I know you can't wait to get big so that, in your words, you can be "Cinderella and a mommy and drive a car," but I'm in no hurry for you to grow up.  You are my favorite three year old. 

I love how much you talk to me...in fact, you pretty much talk all day long to anyone who will listen.  Your friendliness makes so many people smile throughout your day.  I hope that you never lose the ability to bring so much joy into others' lives. 

You started preschool this year, and even though the first week was a little rough as you were learning how to play with others, share, and treat your new friends, you have seemed to settle in just right.  In fact, when I saw the class pictures hanging outside your room this week, I couldn't help but smile myself when I saw how happy you are to be in preschool.



I tried to make your day special today...having a birthday in the middle of the week can be a bit of a bummer.  So, after Allie and Zach gave you their special birthday notes, we had banana split pancakes for breakfast.  However, you were most excited about the PINK MILK! 





At Bible Study today you made sure to tell everyone it was your birthday!  You told me you learned about Jesus and a treasure hunt.  When I asked you where you can find the treasure Jesus was talking about, you emphatically replied, "IN HEAVEN!"  I hope you will always seek Jesus with such enthusiasm and treasure Him above all else as you continue to grow. 

After Bible Study, we picked up Zach from kindergarten and went out to lunch at Panera. 

Then, we came home and spent the rest of the afternoon playing, reading books, and looking at pictures from when you were a baby. 

Since no birthday is complete until cake is served, I made sure to have pink cupcakes on hand for dessert tonight!  You were beyond thrilled!



Now that Daddy and the big kids are at AWANA, we are snuggled up on the couch watching cartoons together. 


Happy Birthday, dear Olivia!  We love you and are so happy God chose you to be part of our family!

1 comment:

vk said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia! I've loved seeing you grow up. I feel like I have a special kinship with you since Kalli is just a few months younger and you have such similar personalities. You're a special girl!