Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap

This year we spent Thanksgiving with my family at my parents' house.  It was nice to get away from the basement for a while and enjoy a relaxing day and yummy food.  In addition to watching the Packer game (booo...they lost), we had fun playing with the kids and even did a little mini-Christmas since my sister, bro-in-law, and nephew won't be here on Christmas day this year. 

Up bright and early...on our way to Grandma and Grandpa's




Apparently, this is the best way to sit for optimal football viewing.


Allie, Aunt Stephanie, and I spent quite a large chunk of our day beading and making rubber band bracelets with Allie's new birthday presents.




The beginning of his football card collection.



Zach was thrilled when Uncle Chris brought out his old collection to show him.

I'm not sure Drew fully appreciated all of Olivia's love she had to give.



Thanksgiving Dinner at the Kid's Table.

Next year they'll reserve a spot for you at the kid's table too, Drew. 


Everyone's favorite:  DESSERT!



The day after Thanksgiving, my parents watched all the little kids so that all of us big kids could go to the movie theater to see "Hunger Games."  Of course we went back to the theater with the humongous screen and DREAM LOUNGERS!!  Actually, I think it will be quite difficult to want to go to any other movie theater ever again!


While we were at the movie theater, the little kids had their own home theater experience with my parents as they viewed Disney's "Planes."


On Saturday, my sister, bro-in-law, and nephew came over to our house to experience a little bit of the basement crazy.  While Ben and I worked like mad (or more accurately, while Ben worked like mad and I did important jobs like hauling out trash...), they completely entertained our kids all afternoon with games, books, crafts....you name it, I'm sure they probably did it!  We also enjoyed a grand dinner of Papa Murphy's before they had to leave. 

It was definitely another fun Thanksgiving with all of my favorite people! 

No comments: