Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Zach's Kindergarten Concert

After Zach's first day at school, he came home rather irritated by the fact that he would be required to participate in the annual spring concert just 3 short weeks away.  After days of constant complaining, whining, and threatening to stand on stage completely still and mute, I decided to not push the concert issue with Zach.  Whenever he began to rant about the impending concert of doom, I listened and then changed the subject, not even commenting one way or the other about it. 

So, imagine my surprise when we were over at my parents' house (with just a little less than a week before the performance) and my dad asked me when exactly Zach's concert was because Zach had just invited him.  WHAT?!  He then proceeded to invite my mom and brother as well.  REALLY?!

The week leading up to the concert I began to hear Zach singing the songs at home as he was anticipating the performance with actual EXCITEMENT!  He even picked out his clothes to wear (complete with a belt) and had them laid out a day in advance.  I'm not quite sure when he changed his mind about the concert, but it was fun to finally see him so excited about it. 

We were all proud of Zach as he stood on stage, participating and enthusiastically singing every song!  I was incredibly impressed with the music teacher at his new school and know that he definitely played a role in Zach's complete turn around.  Afterwards, we celebrated a great performance with frozen yogurt at our new favorite, Orange Leaf. 

Way to go, Zach!





No comments: