|Trying out some of the favorite local burger hang-outs|
|Dog-sitting for my parents|
|Celebrating our favorite Dad on Father's Day|
|Catching up on sleep after a fun and busy vacation (more pics to come!)|
|4th of July celebrations, complete with cake!|
|Exploring the state park near our new house|
|After a long hike, we found the waterfall!|
|Here we are in all of our sugar-induced glory|
|Breaking out the glow sticks|
|When did my 8-year old daughter begin posing with her hand on her hip for pictures...I don't even pose with my hand on my hip for pictures!|
|Ok...so there might have been a little too much sugar for some of us.|
|Catching up with old friends over jumbo freezer pops|
|Lots of time in the backyard|
|The kids could probably live in that play set|
|Hours of summer time fun, right in our own back yard|
|Best Craigslist find, EVER.|
|More catching up with old friends.|
|Lots of time with friends!|
|Zach started summer karate class|
And, not pictured, but still memorable:
- Countless trips to the library (mostly because everyone seems to be able to read their library finds within the first day of returning from the library).
- Allie's very first horse riding lesson...I put her name on a waiting list earlier this summer and was surprised to discover they had an opening yesterday. She had an awesome time learning the basics of horse back riding.
- Bike rides and walks in our new neighborhood.
- Trying to teach the kids tennis and ending up chasing after more balls than actually hitting with rackets.
- Grocery store trips with all three kiddoes again...surprisingly much easier now that the older two completely bag all my groceries and unload the majority of them upon returning home.
- Swim lessons for all at the local Y. After the first lesson, Olivia jumped in water up to her neck because, as she proclaimed, "I know how to swim now!"
- Cleaning days at home with all three kids....also surprisingly easy now that Zach cleans all the toilets and Allie takes over vacuuming.
- Training Finn to the electric dog fence...he is one determined pup, especially when there's people on the other side of the safe zone.
- Cartoons on rainy days...and since there has been quite a few rainy days, the kids have been thrilled with the amount of cartoon watching.
- My attempt at summer "school assignments" has yielded one morning where everyone sat for 15 minutes completing worksheets. One day. Eh...I still have a lot of summer left, right?!